The Allston Construction Mitigation Subcommittee met on this past Monday (1/6) to discuss issues related to the Barry's Corner development. Several community members attended to ask questions and express concerns about construction worker parking, truck routes through the neighborhood, rodent control plans, and the City's permitting process for hours of operation. Good information was shared by the developer, but many questions remain and new issues were raised that will require additional follow-up.
The next meeting of the subcommittee will be in the Honan Allston Branch Library.
Continuing and new issues to be discussed at the next meeting, include:
- developer responsibility for rodent control in the neighborhood
- cost of parking for construction workers and vehicle identification system/process
- process for neighborhood input into overtime work hours/days
- update on Swiss Baker's dumpster location and maintenance
- design of construction screening fence (artwork? mural?, etc.)
- names of all subcontractors working for Samuels/Harvard development for identification purposes
- follow-up on long-term requirements for Charlesview barrier/fence
- traffic lights and surveillance cameras
These meeting are important to continue to ensure neighborhood involvement in the Barry's Corner construction. All are welcome. Please join us.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction Mitigation Subcommittee Chairman