- The State Reps who represent Allston, Brighton, and some of Brookline live less than 4/10ths of a mile from each other but more than 2 miles from some of their constituents.
- My State Rep lives less than 2/10ths of a mile from his State Senator, but my State Senator is someone else who lives 2 miles away in Cambridge.
- Many elected officials live near each other in Brighton. I don't know of any who live in Allston.
Better district boundaries may not change all of these oddities, but it might improve the chances of:
- You and your State Rep both having the same State Senator
- More people represented by someone who lives nearby in a similar community