Commuting from Allston

An observation from scullyseviltwin.livejournal.com about the leisurely pace of commuting from Allston to downtown Boston:
"When I was living in Everett-which is 5.2 miles from my building-I would take the bus, to the train and then walk from State Street. My average travel time was 25-30 minutes. Now, I live in Allston which is 4.4 miles from my building and actually a neighborhood of Boston; I take one train to work, Harvard Ave to Park Street and it takes me on average... 45-50 minutes to arrive at 73 Tremont."

2 comments:

  1. There will be a commuter rail station in Allston - when and where are still to be determined. There was a meeting about this in November and you can find the presentation from the meeting at
    https://www.commentmgr.com/projects/1169/docs/AllstonPublicMtgFinal_11-05-08.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:37 PM

    That commuter rail station by the sports depot was open when my dad grew up in Allston in the 50's. I'll never understand why they closed it. He said it took 5 minutes to get downtown.

    ReplyDelete