Harvard has some new information about their plans for a new science complex on Western Ave on their Harvard Allston Initiative website. The architect's presentation can be downloaded here. A few facts:
- The largest of the four buildings is proposed to be 8 stories high.
- All parking and loading would be underground, and the proposal is that the only entrance for cars and trucks to enter would be on an extended Rena street on the back side of the complex.
- The anticipated date for starting construction is April 2007
- The complex will be centered at the site of the former Pepsi building (map) across Western Ave from Charlesview
- While predominantly laboratory space, these buildings also incldue amenities such as a child care facility, several auditoriums, a restaurant, a cafe, a rooftop bar, and a fitness center. It is not clear to what extent any of these amenities will be open to the public.