Comment on the Boston Bikes map

The City is compiling information about biking around Boston. The Boston Bikes map is a compilation of what the City has heard are the best (and worst) biking roads in the city. You can send your comments to the city using this survey.
Apparently you have to be an "advanced" cyclist to get much of anywhere in Allston and Brighton. I'm surprised to see Market St, Lincoln St, and North Harvard St in the middle tier of roads because of their steep grade, narrowness, and abysmal road conditions, respectively.
Unfortunately the map file is 14MB and I had to try a few times to download it from the City's website. You can see all of the A/B info by clicking on the image to the right.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:12 PM

    I'd agree with the City that you need to be an advanced cylcist to ride on most A/B roads safely. To be honest, I'm not sure if I understand the purpose of the excercise--does there really need to be a survey which concludes that the roads are difficult to navigate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:58 PM

    I have had nightmares when I go biking on those roads around Boston, and I think that someone has to do something about it, it is crazy sometimes. I even think that it's better to take Sildenafil Citrate and stay at home than go biking around Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. bikes under 80000

    ReplyDelete