Ming's Auto Repair!

Its not often that a business impresses me to the extent that I am inspired to write about it here. Yesterday I brought my car to Ming's Auto Repair on Rena Street for its annual inspection. Usually getting the inspection sticker means driving around Allston/Brighton trying to find someplace where the wait isn't too long, sitting in the car or milling around the service station with one, two, or three of my kids waiting for the inspection, spending $29, and finally getting out of there.

Ming's Auto Repair is different. I dropped off my car yesterday at Ming's at the end of Rena St and walked home. They called a few hours later when my car was ready to pick up. Since I was in no rush to get the car back, this was much better than spending 1/2 hour waiting. The inspection was free and the only charge was $7.50 for some fluids they topped off. They also put some air in the tires and, the most impressive part of all, was that they vacuumed the car. This is the car that usually has the kids in it eating graham crackers, Goldfish crackers, etc. etc. So vacuuming it is no small task and also something it badly needed. It has already been a better-than-average inspection experience, and when I got in the car and saw how clean it was I thought "WOW!".

Other neighbors have raved to me about Ming's in the past, and you can add my name to the list of very happy customers.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:15 PM

    Did you ask them why they did not charge you? How will they stay in business?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have been in business for years, so I think that they know what they are doing when they do things like this to try to keep customers for the long term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry, are you saying that they didn't charge you for a state inspection, or just a general 'state of the car in general inspection'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They didn't charge for the official state inspection sticker, like the one in the photo I just added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:55 PM

    Was this your first time there or are you a regular customer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ming's did some major work on my Honda Civic last year. That was my first time as a customer there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:41 AM

    Ming's Auto Repair is the good one in US. Many people became the customers to them for the autos. When i look into the web, i found the best website for the services. Customers can place their needs and providers an place their bids. You can get there by clicking the below one.

    Seattle Automotive Services - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome their services was great and fascinating. In business like this services is very much important so that customers would love to come back in your store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Customer always wants good services in affordable price and that's why i think all the auto repair shops should update their quality of work.

    Chicago Auto Repair

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    Steering Rack

    ReplyDelete