Full text of the Superintendent's statement
Summary of the proposal
- The Garfield and Hamilton schools close
- The Garfield School building will be used by the Mary Lyons to allow it to expand from K-8 to K-12
- The Edison expands from 6-8 to K-8
- Garfield students will attend the Edison
- The Hamilton building will no longer be used by BPS
The Boston Globe is looking for comments from people who would be affected by the proposed school closings. You can email James Vaznis at email@example.com with your comments.
Public meetings will be held at schools that would be affected by this plan. Dates and times have not been announced for these meetings.